Thursday, January 26, 2012

::Just can't do without you::



The poem is a result of conference chat with my hopelessly crazy friends. The first para was given by a friend and he asked me to write a song (not a poem) in simple language.



There are a few, but they aren't like you..
I can do without me, but not without you!
love is priceless, cannot be bought for a cost..
hold on to it, before its all lost

hand in hand, let us sail to a place,
where sun drowns in an orange haze,
Let us lie beneath a moonlit night,
Our dreams dancing side by side

I trace my lifeline etched on your palm,
while you look at me, innocently calm,
smiling broadly, yeah it's true
There are a few, but they aren't like you

stealing glances by the shore,
diving into the ocean's floor,
through your eyes I would love to view,
my life can go on but not without you!




12 comments:

  1. this has a nice rhythm to it...and some warm and fanciful imagery as well...nice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nice...what a warm and happy love song...enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  3. how charming is that?! precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading that! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is profound and beautiful.

    love the rhyming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. :I trace my lifeline etched on your palm:

    Love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love and enchantment bring such lovely melodies and words, doesn't it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful and powefol... Vet assertive and full of passion!

    Great post!
    ~L

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is what true love is made of. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Related Posts