Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thus Spake the Quill

Written for Dverse Poet Prompt - To write a poem that is influenced by ceRtain times in your life that made you the poet you are today. I am writing about the days when I was sad and lonely and away from home, it's during that time when I found solace in words. 

Through cobwebs of memory yonder,
hovering down the insipid time,
gloom loomed and I used to wonder
might I find peace in these Rhymes?
Then my quill inked, words so tender
evoking unknown dreams sublime.

Often I stare, beyond Orion far,
nurturing a fond solitude, 
grasping for trails of star,
grounded by yester's magnitude,
Dances my muse, now on stiched scar,
steadily on parchment, words commute.

*******

And with this I tried another poetry form. 

Poetry Type - Harrisham Rhyme, created by the female poet, Harrisham Minhas, belonging to the State of Punjab in India, of a six-line rhyming stanza. In this form, the last alphabet of the first word of each line is the first alphabet of the first word of next line.
There is no restriction on the starting alphabet of the first line.

Rhyming scheme : ababab.

I wrote a Double Harrisham Rhyme since one stanza wasn't enough to contain my thoughts 

31 comments:

  1. mastttt likhi hai!!!
    lemme also try writing something :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fond solitude...grasping at trails of a star...yes, this i what it is like at times....the muse dancing on a stitched scar...that whole second stanza...i like much...

    glad you made it back...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for writing in. Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  3. nice to see some one from my country write in pub............. Keep going will be here to read it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to see you too here... Thank you for visiting.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my Partnach Gorge post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you found your steps!:) and in a poetic way true to a form! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting ... :)

      Delete
  6. glad you made it back!! happy you found your poetic muse at that time... prolly made being away from home a little easier... smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you much Anthony. I enjoyed writing for the prompt.

      Delete
  7. this is so interesting! i will have to try this type of poetry :) your words are crafted beautifully! lovely write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will enjoy writing this form too. Thank you do much for writing in. :)

      Delete
  8. I hope you have written gloom away - Orion's a good constellation to grasp on to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love that imagery :) thank you for visiting

      Delete
  9. I really enjoy the poem. I write poetry which started after two bereveavments many years ago , found I could express my thoughts and feelings in verse.

    I am Yvonne Lewis, one of Arlee Bird's Ambassadors for the A to Z Challenge, I do hope you mange to take part. This will be my 5th and I really enjoy all the exciotement of reading new blogs. Good luck, I look forward to visiting you during the challenge.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I am looking forward to write for the challenge

      Delete
  10. what a lovely poem. you chose your words so beautifully. poetry is a great way to express ourselves. Glad to have found your blog on PoCoLo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you so much for your kind words :)

      Delete
  11. Passing from the A to Z, I noticed the word Poetry in the blog title so thought I would have a little look. Nice poetry, well done. I plan to do a nonsense poetry based A to Z but I am rubbish at poetry. I am helping the organizers a bit this year so will be back. I wish you well, you appear to have a busy life so good luck .. . . .

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there... Thank you so much for writing in :) I am still struggling with scheduling my.posts :)

      Delete
  12. You are very talented in writing poems !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words:)

      Delete
  13. AHhhh...such a beautiful lines :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful. I would love to be able to write like this. Thank you for linking to Prose for Thought x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) I am so glad you liked it :)

      Delete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Related Posts