Friday, April 4, 2014

Diamente - Dog

Theme : Poetry Types  Day 1 - A for Acrostic Day 2 - B for Blitz 
Day 3 - C for CinqTroisDecaLaRhyme


I dedicate this poem to my adorable dogs, who have been an important part of my life while growing up. No matter how many slippers they chew, t-shirts they had torn, or pee’d in the wrong place – I love them to the core.

Dog

     Pup
       Adorable Loyal
      Licking cuddling chewing
       Fluffy, companion, fun, devoted 
      Loving, caring, growling
      Dependable, playful
  Dog



That's my adorable Sirius



Diamente 
A Diamante is a seven-lined contrast poem set up in a diamond shape. 
Line 1: Noun or subject
Line 2: Two Adjectives describing the first noun/subject
Line 3: Three -ing words describing the first noun/subject
Line 4: Four words: two about the first noun/subject, two about the antonym/synonym
Line 5: Three -ing words about the antonym/synonym
Line 6: Two adjectives describing the antonym/synonym
Line 7: Antonym/synonym for the subject



More on dogs at - The Dandy Dogs Disposition

38 comments:

  1. Every day a new form! So impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you scolding Sirius when you took that pic? That's a classic guilty look he's got on his face :P

    I miss my dog :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha he had done a blunder and was looking with his guilty eyes :D

      Delete
  3. Another new type of poetry and a gr8 one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Nabanita :) I love having you here :)

      Delete
  4. Yay I love the form and I love your poem!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you have been following me than you know how much I love dogs -- so I enjoyed the post and the picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup I know how much you love dogs :D and you got some gorgeous ones too :)
      thank you for writing in

      Delete
  6. Lovely dof and a lovelier poem!!!

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly a diamond of a poem and what adorable eyes!!

    Shailaja

    A to Z Challenge, 2014
    Introspection in Shades of 11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his eyes too :D thank you so much :)

      Delete
  8. Dogs just worm their way into our hearts : ) I've enjoyed all these poems...you earned yourself a new follower : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so true :D thank you so much. Glad to have you here

      Delete
  9. O those eyes! Beautiful, like your poem :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww such an adorable dog you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I love him so much :) thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  11. wow wow...bow bow...the most adorable of the pets :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I had no clue poetry was this complicated. Your posts are an education.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much for your encouraging comment :)

      Delete
  13. hugs to sirius ... my fav character of HP ..I was sold out on the name itself..and that look is killing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha my fav too :D we did a lot of research before naming him. thank you for stopping by

      Delete
  14. Brilliant Rajlakshmi !!! Loved this new genre and your poetry too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice .. Planning to adopt one soon

    PhenoMenon
    http://throodalookingglass.com/2014/04/deer-o-dear/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I hope you will make wonderful memories :)
      thank you

      Delete
  16. Aww such a cutie!! And love the style...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful diamante, and a cute pup :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Sreeja for writing in :)

      Delete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Related Posts