Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quatrain - Lovelorn


Love makes the world go round ... here's something lovey dovey. 


'Neath the silence of midnight blue

We listen to the rustling trees

Whispering our rendezvous to

Toads, beetles and humming bees



Riding on the back of forever's dream

Destiny swirls with eternal grace

In your eyes I watch hope gleam

Snuggling in your warm embrace




A Quatrain is a poem consisting of four lines of verse with a specific rhyming scheme.

 A few examples of a quatrain rhyming scheme are as follows:

 #1) abab

#2) abba -- envelope rhyme

#3) aabb

#4) aaba, bbcb, ccdc, dddd -- chain rhyme

::Don't Miss out on previous poetry types::
Day 1 - A for Acrostic                                        
Day 2 - B for Blitz    
Day 3 - C for CinqTroisDecaLaRhyme                    
Day 4 - D For Diamente  
Day 5 - E for Essence                                       
Day 6 - F for Florette  
Day 7 - G for Ghazal  
Day 8 - H for Haiku  
Day 9 - I for Inverted Refrain  
Day 10 - J for Joseph Star 
Day 11 - K for Kyrielle 
Day 12 - L for Lanturne
Day 13 - M for Minute Poetry
Day 14 - N  for Nove Otto
Day 15 - O for Octelle
Day 16 - P for Palindrome
Day 17 - Q for Quatrain

5 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed your palindrome yesterday, I couldn't prevent myself from visiting again today. Lovely poem. I didn't realize that I sometimes write in quatrains, but I left school many years ago. I'm learning so much.
    I'm off to visit Donna Smith now at http://mainelywrite.co.uk - she lives in Maine - hence 'mainely'. I'm going to mention you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this romantic Quatrain Great going Raj! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So romantic and beautifully written quatrains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and romantic-You created this beautifully

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Related Posts