Monday, May 12, 2014

Memories Overwhelm

A mist of dreams always follow,
Filling up my heart so hollow,
Traversing across unknown realms,
While I lay in a peaceful trance,
Wishing upon that one lost chance,
Should I let the memories helm?
Westerly winds take me away,
And disperse all the sobriquet,
Should I hide when time overwhelms?

Poetry Type - Nove Otto
The Nove Otto poetry form was created by Scott J. Alcorn. It is a nine-lined poem with 8 syllables per line (isosyllabic). The rhyme scheme is as follows: aacbbcddc.

Meet more Poets at Magpie Tales
Image by Martin Stranka 
 

14 comments:

  1. A mist of dreams...............so lovely.Very well composed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's profound, Rajlakshmi. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Got to learn a new type of poems and a beautiful creation in that mode. Each line is very deep :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful read... Love that last line..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful and romantic and sad. My mind went to a romance that did not work but one can interpret it in so many ways-so etherial. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful and unfamiliar form. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully penned poem. The last line is essentially a question many of us will ask ourselves, at one point of time or the other - "Should I hide when time overwhelms?" Classy line :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i like the heart filled with the mist of dream...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Pity at times that we can't hide from our memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the notion of hiding from time...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully penned. I just love to know about various kinds of poetry from your posts !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How diligently written.. Each word rolled in depth..ethereal. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Related Posts