Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Stormy Canvas

An impassive white canvas stared back,
I looked on, fidgeting with the color palate,
envisaging sunny hills and vibrant lilies?

Instead, I squeezed out lumps of grey and black,
striking the paper with your broken promises,
lying dead on rough cobbled roads.

These stunted trees are not good enough,
Like me, you said, like me,
My free spirit swept you away, far.

I let betrayal paint angry strokes,
across the ruthless lonely sky,
darkened by shadows of murky clouds,

the bristles were no longer smooth,
nor the once white canvas,
now indignantly staring back at me.



5 comments:

  1. Wow-this is so passionate and sad and goes so well with this painting. Wonderful poem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and touchy. Broken promises are always painful and it can even take away the entire life in spite of being alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the passion in this piece and in the art work it describes! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this poem.It is very Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your presence!! Don't forget to leave behind a comment. Love, Feedback, Brickbats!! Everything's welcome :)

Related Posts